[CentOS] looking for motherboard / temp / hdd monitor, other than lmsensors

Sun Jul 13 10:31:14 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

William L. Maltby wrote on Sat, 12 Jul 2008 09:47:28 -0400:

> I don't know if it's good or what you want, but I use gkrellm

relies on lm_sensors according to the homepage. (and sys_fs, AFAIK
lm_sensors picks up sys_fs if it's available.)

I'm having the same problems with lm_sensors with newer motherboards (ones
from the last two years), some work, some don't. On some AMD motherboards
it helps to "rmmod k8temp" to get a reading. On some it doesn't.
I have one Intel board with I think Intel 5000X where lm_sensors also
fails with a message like "no sys_fs" or so, I don't really remember.
Do others know any tricks to get the data nevertheless?
I think the kernel and lm_sensors on Centos 5 are simply too old for some
chipsets. Also, there's sometimes a discrepancy between the support in the
kernel and in lm_sensors.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany