[CentOS] Re: Problem with Bonding Driver

Sun Jul 13 20:18:34 UTC 2008
Art Age Software <artagesw at gmail.com>

>Very interesting.
>
>Looking under the hood, it's actually handled by the
>/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-eth script, which writes the
>values to the pseudo-files under /sys/class/net/bondX/bonding/, so
>there you go, another way to change that dinamically without having to
>restart the interface. Would you be kind to see if you can change the
>primary "on-the-fly" using this method?
>
>Thanks,
>Filipe

Yes, indeed. I have successfully changed both the primary interface
and the miimon value **while the interface is up** by directly writing
to the /sys/class/net/bondX/bonding/{Key} files. Changing the bonding
mode is not allowed while the interface is up (probably a good thing).

This is a great improvement over previous incarnations of Red Hat
bonding support. I have even successfully configured two bonds on the
same machine using different bonding modes for each. VERY useful!

Sam