[CentOS] How Do I Get Info About New RPMs in Major REPOs

Mon Jul 14 09:53:47 UTC 2008
Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>

Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Sunday, July 13, 2008 7:59 AM -0700 John Thomas
> <gmane-2006-04-16 at jt-socal.com> wrote:
>
>> I would like to know about new software (rpms) with a general description
>> as they become available in the major repos.
>>
>> Is there a way to get an RSS feed?
>
> Most have an -announce mailing list. For CentOS, I use a procmail filter
> to put the package announcements for my version and arch in one Dovecot
> IMAP folder, and all the others in another folder.

You know that you can set filters for the announce list, so that you
only get to see announcements for the archs you are interested in?

<http://lists.centos.org/mailman/options/centos-announce> - you have to
login with your mail address and the password you chose for that list
(or the one you have been given by the list).

No need to filter on your side >:)

Cheers,

Ralph