[CentOS] Re: OT: anything in CentOS 5.2 that uses opendns.com when browsing web?

Mon Jul 14 16:58:05 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 7-13-2008 10:06 AM Lanny Marcus spake the following:
> On 7/11/08, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>> I just played with one of my test vmware ipcop images and set it to dhcp on
>> our internal network (which should simulate your natted connection through
>> your adsl modem) for the red interface and I was able to dig +trace
>> google.com
>> with proper answers. So it is possible to get it working unless your ISP
>> blocks DNS queries to anywhere else but their own servers.
>
> Scott: There are probably one or two configuration settings that I do
> not have correct at this time. That is why I am testing this on our
> Backup IPCop box.
>
> You got this to work, so it will work for me, if & when I get the
> configuration settings correct. Question: Do I need to put something
> in the hosts file? At the moment, I cannot use that IPCop box to surf,
> because there is no name resolution. TIA! Lanny
The hosts file "should" only require the basics like the FQDN of the ipcop box
mapped to its green address and 127.0.0.1 mapped to localhost.localdomain.

I'll poke at a virtual ipcop box again this afternoon. My boss is out of town
for the week, so my load has doubled.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and