[CentOS] so many problem CENTOS 5.2 with DELL servers????

Mon Jul 14 19:36:13 UTC 2008
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com>

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 1:24 PM, mcclnx mcc <mcclnx at yahoo.com.tw> wrote:
>  I have been installed CENTOS 5.2 on several DELL servers and have following
> problems (even latest patches apply):
>

> 1. DELL 2650 can NOT boot under CENTOS 5.2 PAE mode

Is the 2650 PAE compatible?
Does the system have the latest Dell BIOS on it?

> 2. DELL R900 can NOT boot under CENTOS 5.2 PAE mode (inifinite boot loop)
>

> 3. DELL R900 with 128 GB RAM can only see 15 GB RAM under CENTOS 5.2 Xen
> mode

I think that you are wanting to use 64 bit Linux versus 32 bit.

http://www.nabble.com/query-on-physical-memory-map-for-Xen--td16625725.html

> Anyone know why?  IS CENTOS 5.2 certify with DELL server?

Uhm no. I don't think Dell certifies CentOS to work with their OS. You
would need to contact Dell though versus CentOS.

> Does CENTOS 5.1 have similiar problem or NOT?

Yes. [All caps is a sign of yelling in english... not sure what you
are aiming for.]

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux