[CentOS] Yun Update problem

Tue Jul 15 18:39:50 UTC 2008
Tony Molloy <tony.molloy at ul.ie>

On Tuesday 15 July 2008 18:47:51 Tony Molloy wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 July 2008 18:34:51 Kenneth Burgener wrote:
> > On 7/15/2008 9:57 AM, Tony Molloy wrote:
> > > (34/92): selinux-policy-2 100% |=========================| 381 kB
> > > 00:00
> > > http://thomond.csis.ul.ie/mirrors/centos/5/updates/x86_64/RPMS/selinux-
> > >po licy-2.4.6-137.1.el5.noarch.rpm: [Errno -1] Package does not match
> > > intended download
> > >
> > > The rpm packages are in my local repo.
> > >
> > > Is this just a case of my local upstream mirrors being out of sync or
> > > have I got a bigger problem.
> >
> > I have seen this error before.  I am not sure if the local cache is
> > corrupted or my local repository is corrupted/out of sync.  To fix this
> > in the past I usually do a "yum clean all" and try again.  If that
> > doesn't work I delete the problem packages from my local repository, and
> > do a repository sync.
> >

> > Kenneth
>
> Thanks for the reply,
>
> That's exactly what I did but till have the same problem. It may be that
> the 2 upstream repos that I sync my local repo to are corrupted. This is
> the first time I've used the x86_64 repos. When I get a chance I'll try and
> use a different repo and see what happens.
>
> Tony

These are internal machines so I had to set up a proxy to get external access.

Then I removed my local repos  and used the "mirrorlist" line in the repos
definitions and the "fastestmirror" plugin and the update went OK. So it must
be a problem with my 2 upstream mirrors. I'll get onto the mirror masters and
try and sort it out with them.

Tony