[CentOS] Re: Stopping a server not controled by service

Tue Jul 15 19:52:21 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 7-15-2008 12:33 PM Robert Moskowitz spake the following:
> Miredo is run as a server from the command line:
>
> /usr/sbin/miredo
>
> The man page says the signal SIGTERM stops the server.
>
> How do I send SIGTERM to the server?  Or SIGHUP, as I want to make a
> change to the config file.
>

> And once I get this as I want it, how do I run it at system boot?
You will have to make a sys V init script for it. You can probably use an
existing script and edit it to suit your program, or there is example in
/usr/share/doc/initscripts-xxxxxx directory that you should be able to hack
at. That will also help you to get lock files and pid files going for it if
you need them.

The other choice is to add a line to /etc/rc.d/rc.local, but that won't give
you control with the system command.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and