[CentOS] OT - Windows slowdown?

Wed Jul 16 05:39:18 UTC 2008
Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at SoftDux.com>

Victor Padro wrote:
> My old IBM T21 suffered almost the same issues, tried to roll back the
> updates and even tried to install XP SP3 without any good performance
> change.
> I had to reinstall Windows XP...
>
> I believe it's a waste of time trying to troubleshoot performance
> stuff under a multipatched old install windows if you just can
> reinstall and get a fresh registry.
>
> saludos.
>

> --
> "It is human nature to think wisely and act in an absurd fashion."
>
> "Todo el desorden del mundo proviene de las profesiones mal o
> mediocremente servidas"

This isn't the right place, but a bit of help is always welcome :)

Windows XP, as with most other Windows' has the irritating habit of
pilling up junk in the registry, and other places. My first check is
always to check for viruses - update the virus definitions, and scan the
PC thoroughly, do a scan disk & defrag, and then try a registry repair
tool. Other than that, a re installation  is your best bet.

Good luck

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers