[CentOS] centralized patch management

Wed Jul 16 13:52:20 UTC 2008
Steve Huff <shuff at vecna.org>

On Jul 16, 2008, at 9:36 AM, Terry wrote:

> Our issue isn't bandwidth.  Our issue is controlling which patches are
> to be deployed and at what time.

ok, then you want option a) from my previous response.  if you're the
gatekeeper of all packages that go into your private repository, and
if your systems aren't pulling packages from any other repos, then i
would think that would give you the necessary degree of control.

you may find Dag's mrepo tool (http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/mrepo/)
useful for building this infrastructure.

-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v