[CentOS] Yun Update problem

Thu Jul 17 08:09:28 UTC 2008
Tony Molloy <tony.molloy at ul.ie>

On Thursday 17 July 2008 01:45:50 Camron W. Fox wrote:
> Tony Molloy wrote:

> >> Thanks for the reply,
> >>
> >> That's exactly what I did but till have the same problem. It may be that
> >> the 2 upstream repos that I sync my local repo to are corrupted. This is
> >> the first time I've used the x86_64 repos. When I get a chance I'll try
> >> and use a different repo and see what happens.
> >>
> >> Tony
> >
> > These are internal machines so I had to set up a proxy to get external
> > access.
> >
> > Then I removed my local repos  and used the "mirrorlist" line in the
> > repos definitions and the "fastestmirror" plugin and the update went OK.
> > So it must be a problem with my 2 upstream mirrors. I'll get onto the
> > mirror masters and try and sort it out with them.
> >
> > Tony
>
> Alle,
>
> 	FYI, I installed two x86_64 boxes by hand from a freshly downloaded
> DVD.iso. The first thing I did was update yum on both machines then ran
> a yum update. I have no local or third party repositories, but the error
> was the same for the same packages:
>
> (170/189): selinux-policy 100% |=========================| 911 kB
> 00:01
> http://ftp2.riken.jp/Linux/centos/5.2/updates/x86_64/RPMS/selinux-policy-ta
>rgeted-2.4.6-137.1.el5.noarch.rpm: [Errno -1] Package does not match
> intended download

< lots snipped >

So it would appear that lots of download sites have the wrong rpms then.

I got the good rpms from the following repos

 * fasttrack: ftp.tudelft.nl
 * update: ftp.quicknet.nl        <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
 * base: ftp.quicknet.nl
 * extras: anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk
 * addons: anorien.csc.warwick.ac.uk

Tony