[CentOS] Replacing custom kernel with another - with same identifier

Thu Jul 17 09:19:25 UTC 2008
Antti J. Huhtala <ahuhtal4 at welho.com>

to, 2008-07-17 kello 09:16 +0100, ne.. kirjoitti:
> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 08:05, Antti J. Huhtala <ahuhtal4 at welho.com> wrote:
> >
> > What is the safe way to remove the previous installed kernel version
> > without taking out the uninstalled new version? Is the latter safe in
> > ~/rpmbuild/RPMS if I use 'rpm -e' to remove the former version?
> There is no need to remove the old kernel. Use the --replacefiles option to
> rpm when installing the new kernel. Then verify that your grub.conf/lilo.conf
> has the correct entry.

Well, it wasn't as simple as that. rpm says:"kernel ... is already
installed" and will not go on. The identifiers (file names) are
identical, remember?

Any other ideas?

Antti