[CentOS] Cluster: understanding virtual IP

Thu Jul 17 09:46:38 UTC 2008
Tracy R Reed <treed at ultraviolet.org>

Dirk H. Schulz wrote:
> I have set up a cluster on CentOS 5.2 using /etc/cluster/cluster.conf - and
> it works fine. It's only purpose is to switch a virtual IP between two
> routers.

Where did you find docs on how to do this? I have set up LVS with
piranha but couldn't find anything decent or a tool to set up high
availability failover like I did with LVS. All of the cluster suite
stuff I read about involves quorums and shared storage etc which is not
what I need here. I just need a firewall that will bring up the network
gateway address in the event the primary fails.

Thanks!

--
Tracy R Reed                  Read my blog at http://ultraviolet.org
Key fingerprint = D4A8 4860 535C ABF8 BA97  25A6 F4F2 1829 9615 02AD