[CentOS] Problems with building an rpm

Thu Jul 17 12:45:48 UTC 2008

wow!!!!

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> thanks for replying.
>>
>> R P Herrold wrote:

>>> ... the author is known to me ;)

>>> The end user account password is what sudo is looking for ... as
>>> noted, it seems you had not configured /etc/sudoers to include you.

>>> A sample entry which permits a single user machine to do root
>>> operations when needed, but to stay in its non-priv'd mode most of
>>> the time looks like something as simple as:
>>>
>>> [herrold at new ~]$ sudo grep herrold /etc/sudoers
>>> Password: [here, the end user 'herrold's password]
>>> herrold ALL=(ALL) ALL
>>> [herrold at new ~]$
>>>
>>> ... We need root rights to read /etc/sudoers, or else it would have
>>> not been needed except for teaching reasons.

>>> Hope this helps .. I wonder a bit at your description of untarring,
>>> ./configure'ing, etc ... that is not part of rpm building from .spec
>>> or SRPM.
>> Here is what I was told to do:
>>
>> wget http://hipl.hiit.fi/hipl/hipl.tar.gz
>>
>> you can build on CentOS by executing:
>>
>> tar xvzf hipl.tar.gz
>> cd hipl--main--2.6
>> ./autogen.sh
>> ./configure
>> make rpm
>>
>> ("make install" works too, but installs to /usr/local by default)
>>
>> Software requirements are listed here:
>>
>> http://infrahip.hiit.fi/hipl/manual/ch02.html
>
> OK ... after several changes to the spec file, I got this to build.
> The process was rather intense, so rather than trying to document it I
> will post a good SRPM after I verify that all the build requirements
> are there and it will also build the same in mock.
>
> So, in a couple minutes expect a link to download a GOOD SRPM for this
> package that builds on centos-5 i386 and x86_64

I am SOOOO thankful.

You will definitely get a line of recognition for my IETF presentation
on SIP over HIP over Teredo in two weeks!   I should not have been sooo
schrunched for time.  I waited for management to get me the hardware for
this 'experiment', and 4 months later it is finally ordered; I have had
to cobble gear together....