[CentOS] Problems with building an rpm

Thu Jul 17 13:14:30 UTC 2008
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> wow!!!!
>
> Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>>> thanks for replying.

>>> Here is what I was told to do:
>>>
>>> wget http://hipl.hiit.fi/hipl/hipl.tar.gz
>>>
>>> you can build on CentOS by executing:
>>>
>>> tar xvzf hipl.tar.gz
>>> cd hipl--main--2.6
>>> ./autogen.sh
>>> ./configure
>>> make rpm
>>>
>>> ("make install" works too, but installs to /usr/local by default)
>>>
>>> Software requirements are listed here:
>>>
>>> http://infrahip.hiit.fi/hipl/manual/ch02.html
>>
>> OK ... after several changes to the spec file, I got this to build.
>> The process was rather intense, so rather than trying to document it I
>> will post a good SRPM after I verify that all the build requirements
>> are there and it will also build the same in mock.
>>
>> So, in a couple minutes expect a link to download a GOOD SRPM for this
>> package that builds on centos-5 i386 and x86_64
>
> I am SOOOO thankful.

No problem

> You will definitely get a line of recognition for my IETF presentation
> on SIP over HIP over Teredo in two weeks!   I should not have been sooo
> schrunched for time.  I waited for management to get me the hardware for
> this 'experiment', and 4 months later it is finally ordered; I have had
> to cobble gear together....

look here:

http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/hipl/

You should be able to build that on CentOS-5.x with no problems.  Now,
whether it does everything you need, I don't know.

Also be advised that 1.0.3 is the latest stable release from them, and
1.0.4 seems to be something from SVN and not a normal release.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes