[CentOS] OT - Windows slowdown?

Fri Jul 18 15:19:19 UTC 2008
Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at SoftDux.com>

Rainer Duffner wrote:
> Guy Boisvert schrieb:
>>
>> A discussion about slowliness or not of Winblows SP3 is *SURELY* off
>> topic in the CentOS list!  I still don't know how the original poster
>> came with all this in the CentOS list.  I mean, for Winblows stuff,
>> i'd post to a Winblows list first!
>
> Because the idiot-density is usually lower on a non-Windoze-list.
> This happens everywhere. On "good" lists, people come-up with all
> sorts of questions for all sorts of problems after they realize that a
> bunch of people who actually know their stuff hang around.
>
> This list is not too busy - it's still a bearable volume. But I admit
> I don't read everything.
>

> Rainer
I actually got kicked off a local Linux list for asking something
similar, had some issues with a MS Exchange server (which is more an
STMP / IP transport problem than MS specific) and some ppl on the list
decided I should be kicked off for it.

On the other side of the coin, MS wanted to charge me close to $100
/hour for support. Go figure.

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers