[CentOS] Re: Setting max limits in /etc/security/limits.conf

Fri Jul 18 22:18:17 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 7-18-2008 4:24 AM Dr R L Oswald spake the following:
> What we would like to do on a server running CENTOS 4.6 is to restrict
> max cpu time for most interactive users but ensure that processes for
> system users such as root & special userids that provide services are
> kept as unlimited.
>
> The documentation for limits.conf is not very extensive but I think I am
> correct in assuming that resource limits specified in limits.conf only
> apply to processes that *login* to a system, rather than those kicked
> off at boot time as daemons?
>
> There does not seem to be any obvious way of specifying an unlimited
> value for a resource unlike the ulimit command ? Does anyone know a way
> of specifying unlimited in limits.conf ?
>
> Any suggestions

Not posting in HTML might get you a larger audience. Some people ignore/can't
read HTML postings on lists. Just a suggestion.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and