[CentOS] Load Average ~0.40 when idle

Sun Jul 20 01:06:58 UTC 2008
listmail <listmail at entertech.com>

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 17:22:29 -0700 (PDT), Mark Pryor wrote
> --- On Sat, 7/19/08, listmail <listmail at entertech.com> wrote:

<snip>

> the ht flag means the cpu supports hyperthreading
> lm means that you can run 64 bit.
>
> By the way, is it an i386 kernel?

Yes, it's the i386 kernel.

> I've seen only one SuperMicro bios and it was quite complex. Are you
> sure that there is no way to toggle hyperthreading in the bios?

Pretty sure, I have looked for it to no avail.

> the siblings flag in cpuinfo says 2, which I thought means 2 virtual
> cpu's.

There are 2 cores per chip....??

> I doubt if any of the above is relevant to your problem, but if you
> reinstall anytime soon you might want to consider these support
> flags in how you set things up.

Do you mean install a 64-bit kernel? I do want the kernel to see each core
as one CPU. Not sure what else I would do on a re-install...

Thx,
--Bill