[CentOS] Cannot boot from DVD on an Intel Svr to install CentOS 5.2

Sun Jul 20 17:50:12 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

William Warren wrote on Sat, 19 Jul 2008 08:04:43 -0400:

> checkout the bugtracker..this is a long running issue.  The issue stems
> from newer servers/computers using sata optical drives.

Looks like you mean:
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2622

I think I have the same issue. I want to boot in the rescue mode on a Dell
R200. The DVD drive is connected via SATA. It boots fine, but then when I
tell it about the local CDROM installation it prompts me with "unable to
find any devices of the type needed for this installation type" and asks
to select a driver. I tried all sata_ drivers from the list, but none
seems to work.
I'm now going to give it a network path, but, nevertheless, shouldn't the
DVD boot to rescue work just fine? It can boot from the DVD, but then
cannot access the OS data? Weird.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany