[CentOS] crontab for nobody

Sun Jul 20 21:31:22 UTC 2008
John Horne <john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk>

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 22:04 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 20 July 2008 21:23:52 Stephen Harris wrote:
> >
> > What does
> >   find /var/spool/cron -type f ! -size 0
> > show?
> >
> Does that mean 'not = size 0'?

Yes.

> I can't think of anything that explains this.  I have a 6-month-old CentOS 5.2
> install, with nothing out of the ordinary, as far as I can recall.

Your previous message showed:

   -rw------- 1 root root 0 Jul  7 16:07 /var/spool/cron/nobody

This will be the last modification date/time, and possibly the creation
date/time if the file was not modified at all. So something around July
7 presumably caused it. If you have the old /var/log/messages files from
around that date, then looking through those might show something. As
might a /var/log/yum.log file which could indicate if something was
automatically installed.

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287
E-mail: John.Horne at plymouth.ac.uk       Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001