[CentOS] Spamassassin as root and pyzor

Sun Jul 20 21:34:34 UTC 2008
Spiro Harvey, Knossos Networks Ltd <spiro at knossos.net.nz>

> Ideally I would like a link to a webpage entitled "How I learnt to stop
> worrying and run spamass-milter as root".

We've got a few boxen running spamd as non-privileged user, but
spamassassin milter runs as root with no problems.

On the flip-side to your query, I haven't found anything that states
spamass milter shouldn't be run as root.

> Also, a related question: is it worth installing pyzor, or will
> spamassassin on its own be enough? I ask because pyzor doesn't seem to
> be in any of the main repositories.

Don't know about Pyzor specifically, but we use Vipal's Razor with
success. Our situation is that we're an ISP, so we like the extra
checking to be as absolutely sure as possible that we're only rejecting
real spam. of course a few spams still trickle through but we haven't
had a single false positive.

--
Spiro Harvey                  Knossos Networks Ltd
021-295-1923                    www.knossos.net.nz