[CentOS] ps to pdf

Mon Jul 21 18:15:37 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 12:38 -0400, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 at 9:35am, Craig White wrote
>
> > I need a way to convert files that I save with Firefox as a 'print to
> > file' to 'pdf'
> >
> > I tried 'convert' but that rendered the text as graphics which grew the
> > file and wasn't what I wanted.
> >
> > How would someone accomplish this - or can I just print to a PDF?
>
> Shockingly, there's ps2pdf...

Even more shockingly, a *lot* of folks seem to have forgotten relatively
quick, but not painless due to excessive results returned, local ways to
discover a lot of this stuff. So a reminder may help folks out.

If you run makewhatis every once-in-awhile you can then use "man -k
<keyword>" or, IIRC, apropos. I just ran a test using postscript as a
keyword and there were a few useful reminders in the exorbitant amount
of chaff returned.

HTH a lot of folks,
--
Bill