[CentOS] df command reports inaccurate results?

Wed Jul 23 14:59:05 UTC 2008
William L. Maltby <CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com>

On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 16:31 +0200, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> William L. Maltby wrote on Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:26:21 -0400:
>
> > Also, when making the file system, reducing the amount reserved for root
> > is usually safe on today's larger drives, especially on a relatively
> > stable system/user base/file/system usage.
>
> I gather this can't be done after creation?

Yes it can be adjusted. But since I used to do so much of this sort of
thing, it became second nature to do it at file creation time. "Man
tune2fs" has the details for adjusting by percentage or block count.

--
Bill