[CentOS] NFS V4?

Wed Jul 23 19:03:47 UTC 2008
Jens Larsson <jens at nsc.liu.se>

> Well, I definitely understand a couple of things better than when we
> started.  Thank you very much!
>
> It is not, however, working.  Is that likely to be the "domain=" setting,
> given what I said above?

The "domain" in NFSv4-speak has nothing to do with DNS. It _can_ be you
DNS-domainname but it can be anything as long as client and server agrees.
If they disagree you can still mount, but all files will be owned by
Nobody-User and Nobody-Group if I remember correctly.

> I'll try constructing a "standard" /export and set things up more exactly
> that way and see if anything changes.
>
> But the errors I'm getting tend to be like:
>
> [ddb at host00 ~]$ sudo mount host01:/ddb /mnt/ddb -t nfs4 -o
> rw,hard,intr,proto=tcp,port=22049
> mount: mount to NFS server 'host01' failed: System Error: Connection refused.

Shield up, Scotty!

Looks like a firewall issue to me. Do you allow incoming traffic to port
22049/TCP?

Can you mount over NFSv3?

/jens

--
Jens Larsson, NSC, Linköpings universitet, SE-58183 LINKÖPING, SWEDEN
Phone: +46-13-281432, Mobile: +46-709-521432, E-mail: jens at nsc.liu.se
GPG/PGP Key: 1024D/C21BB2C7 2001-02-27 Jens Larsson <jens at nsc.liu.se>
Key Fingerprint: BAEF 85CF BF1D  7A69 C965 2EE6  C541 D57F C21B  B2C7