[CentOS] Re: 6TB SCSI RAID vs. Centos

Fri Jul 25 13:09:12 UTC 2008
Ross S. W. Walker <RWalker at medallion.com>

There is another way too, make the disk a raw PV (no partition table) and use LVM.

LVM can handle PVs up to 2^64 in size.

Then when creating LVs you only have to worry about what the max file system size is.

-Ross

----- Original Message -----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org <centos-bounces at centos.org>
Sent: Thu Jul 24 22:04:42 2008
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Re: 6TB SCSI RAID vs. Centos

I'll second that... we recently put a system online with over 3TB of storage. The only way to create a storage medium that large was to use a gpt disk label and use parted to do the partitioning. mkfs had no problems formatting the partition and it's been working properly for quite some time now.

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.
(218)727-4332 x105