[CentOS] nspluginwrapper included in CentOS 5.2 fails completely

Sun Jul 27 21:57:17 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

> Good luck with that! Have you tried it on a VMWare Server?

No, why would I do that?

I uninstalled nspluginwrapper and mplayerplug-in reinstalled the
64-bit Seamonkey, then reinstalled all the plugins.  Everything is
installed and working EXCEPT nppdf.so (the Adobe Read plugin) and
Adobe's flash plugin - they're all in the right places, there are
nswrappers for 32_64 and 64_64 for both of them in the plugin-wrapper
directory, but they neither register nor work in the browser.

I have run mozilla-plugin-config several times, and it lists both of
these plugins, but they don't show up in the About Plugins and they
don't work.

What next?

mhr