[CentOS] Hardware serial number access from (a) command(s)

Mon Jul 28 19:02:26 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 1:26 PM, MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Over the weekend, I had to make a technical support call on one of my
> DVD burners, and at one point the recorded message mentioned I should
> have my serial number handy.  I thought there was a way to read that
> from at least one piece of software on the system, but I couldn't
> remember one and man -k on a number of subjects was unrevealing.
>
> Can someone enlighten me (us)?

Follow on: When I had a problem with the Teac CD-RW drive in my daughters box,
I sent an email to Teac Tech Support, asking if they had Diagnostics
for it. The reply
was that they had no Diagnostics. I put it into the trash and I will
not buy any more
Teac drives, because they have no Diagnostics. If the company has Diagnostics
for your DVD burner, that will probably be able to show you the SN.