[CentOS] smartd on RAID controllers?

Mon Jul 28 22:46:58 UTC 2008
Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>

Am 29.07.2008 um 00:31 schrieb Kai Schaetzl:

> Mhr wrote on Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:41:17 -0700:
>
>> Or maybe it makes the machine feel good....
>
> Funny that you say that. Believe it or not, but after I found that
> hpasm
> didn't provide any useful for me (at least at the moment) and I shut
> down
> the daemon (with all of its agents) the core temperatures in sensors
> dropped within a few seconds by 4 degrees.

It's know for consuming some CPU.
But taking a quick look on the support site (HP.com -> Support/Drivers-
 >Servers->Proliant->DL>140>G3), I see that they consider your DL140 a
bit too small to support with all tools.

Normally, something like the HP Array Diagnostics utility would do the
job, but alas: "HP ProLiant 100-series customers:  Because the HP
System Management Homepage software is not supported for use with HP
ProLiant 100-series servers, the Array Diagnostics Utility for Linux
cannot be installed."

Rainer