[CentOS] You didn't give me some packages, so now I'm giving you some! R, TexLive, LyX, Gnumeric, etc.

Tue Jul 29 19:57:30 UTC 2008
Steve Huff <shuff at vecna.org>

On Jul 29, 2008, at 3:29 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:

> People keep sending me to RPMforge, but apparently you don't go there
> yourselves to see you are sending me nowhere.  Follow your advice:
>
> https://rpmrepo.org/RPMforge/

Paul,

i'm sorry that you're experiencing confusion; the websites for
RPMforge and rpmrepo are incomplete right now.  rather than continuing
to beat your head against a sparsely populated wiki, i'd recommend you
do the following:

) - since you're submitting new packages, you probably want the
"suggest" list.  you may also want to join the "users" list.

2) post your specfiles to the suggest list.  here's an example of
someone else posting a spec file (http://lists.rpmforge.net/pipermail/suggest/2008-July/000547.html
), which is then accepted by one of the admins.

i hope you won't be discouraged; even if not everyone in the CentOS
community is excited about your packages, i'm sure that someone out
there will be, and contributing them to a large, widely-used
repository like RPMforge is probably the best way to distribute them.

all the best,
-steve

--
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v