[CentOS] Widescreen monitor won't configure to a wide screen

Wed Jul 30 05:57:02 UTC 2008
MJT <centos at mjt1.com>

On Tuesday 29 July 2008 9:55:50 pm MHR wrote:
> I just put a 1680x1050 LCD monitor on my home system, and I went into
> system-config-display to configure it as such, and it just won't take.

<SNIP>
> Any suggestions?  It's really annoying to have a wide screen and not
> be able to use it....

What version centOS,  Kernel and nvidia drivers are you using? Also, what
brand and model monitor?

I don't have my Samsung wide screen hooked up to my centos, but when I first
connected it to my Mandriva system, I could not get the full wide screen. I
was planning on upgrading, so I did not fiddle with it much, I figured I
would wait to see if the updates in the new Mandriva worked any better. It
did, as soon as I upgraded, the Mandriva auto-detected my monitor and all has
been fine since.

It may bee you need to upgrade your Nvidia drivers.