[CentOS] Windows XP fixmbr from Centos?

Wed Jul 30 08:31:27 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Robert Moskowitz wrote on Wed, 30 Jul 2008 08:29:01 +0100:

> I am still dead on my corporate system, and the XP boot CD I brought
> won't boot.  And so far I have not found anyone here at the IETF meeting
> that happens to have one in their bag of tricks...

If this is an XP system and the MBR set by XP, then you can boot with the
(any!) XP CD/DVD into the rescue console and use fixmbr command. However,
you indicated earlier there is some encryption in place, I don't know if
that is already in effect at MBR level. If it is, this method or the one
mentioned in the article won't help.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany