[CentOS] Cyrus + Ldap...

Wed Jul 30 14:57:41 UTC 2008
Miguel Filho <miguel.filho at gmail.com>

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 12:22 AM, Sergio Belkin <sebelk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Everything works fine. But I'd want to reduce overhead due SSL and
> change to Cyrus with md5 mechanism (or another nonplain mechanism) Can
> I do that? Please bear in mind, that I don't want to use
> non-encrypyted passwords on LDAP.

I'm facing a similar problem. I've migrated an old NIS server (yeah,
believe me they still exist) to OpenLDAP. The passwords are encrypted
using the old crypt() function. I was hitting my head against the wall
to try to figure a way to make md5 mechanism to work using like you,
but I believe there is no way. It will work only if the password
stored in md5, IMHO.

Could some one confirm this?

Regards,

Miguel