[CentOS] enterprise backup solution (probably amanda?)

Wed Jul 30 15:03:17 UTC 2008
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

David Hlác(ik wrote:

> hope i am not making an offtopic
>
> Currently we are looking for storage/backup solution in our company.
>
> Basically we need to backup data incrementaly from windows server and
> centos server + subversion repositories.
>
> So far i believe amanda would be best for this situation and also has
> good reference.
>
> Is there anything else - i would be glad to have space for research and
> choose backuping solution which fits for my needs best.

If a disk based archive will work, backuppc
(http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/) is fairly painless and it's scheme of
compression and hardlinking duplicates lets you keep about 10x the
history you'd expect.  If you need offsite copies you'll have to run an
independent instance elsewhere or come up with a clever scheme to copy
the disk though.  The massive number of hardlinks it creates makes it
difficult to use normal methods to copy the archive partition.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com