[CentOS] Mounting File Share Using CIFS ?'s

Wed Jul 30 19:31:29 UTC 2008
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 12:14 PM, TechGuy <techguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been trying to mount a windows file share so I can use it for
> remote storage particularly for my Deki Wiki attachments.
>
> Anyway, I seem to have a mount established by doing the following.
>
> 1. Added following line to /etc/fstab
>
> //fs01/wikidata /var/www/dekiwiki/attachments cifs
> user,uid=500,rw,suid,username=wikisvcacct,password=testpwd,domain=corporate
>
> 2.  Then ran following command to mount it.
>
> mount //fs01/wikidata
>
> 3.  Then ran following command to confirm mount.
>
> df
>
> Output of 'df':
>
> //fs01/wikidata 1821803064 1435671544 386131520 79%
> /var/www/dekiwiki/attachments
>
> This would appear to indicate the mount was successful correct?
>
> If I understand this whole thing, if i change directory to
> /var/www/dekiwiki/attachments would I then be using or looking at
> //fs01/wikidata ?   Or am I still looking at the local file system?
> Or does it depend on the user?
>
> Since I set this up for the dekiwiki user with uid=500, would I logged
> in as root be able to access this mount or do I need to add another
> line in the /etc/fstab for root?

At this point I suggest you read some documentations as well as man
page for mount.cifs as suggested in the forum post you started:

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15510&forum=37

You can learn and find answers by reading.  I think this is important.

Akemi