[CentOS] FreeNX and FF3

Thu Jul 31 04:00:43 UTC 2008
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 22:27 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > Anybody else notice how poorly Firefox 3 update on CentOS-5 works via NX
> > connection? Any suggestions on fixing the visual artifacts/bad redraws?
> >

> hmm ... it doesn't seem any worse to me than before.  I am running a
> remote desktop, but currently I my client on the same LAN as the server,
> so I have 1GB connection to the freenx machine.
>
> Are you running a remote desktop and FF3 in that desktop OR are you
> running the application only?
>
> What is your compression set too?
----
I don't know where the compressions settings are - I've downloaded the
latest nx-client (3.2.0-14 Linux) and the default 'disable ZLIB stream
compression' is unchecked.

I'm using ADSL speed connection to remote system and that system is
up-to-date CentOS-5.2 running...the output of this is a bit weird...

# rpm -q freenx nx
freenx-0.7.1.svn416-3.el5.centos
freenx-0.7.2-1.el5.centos
nx-3.0.0-4.el5.centos
nx-3.2.0-8.el5.centos

Not all web pages on that remote CentOS-5 system in FF3 are poorly
rendered but some are and the worst is switching from one tab to
another...there is no re-draw.

Craig