[CentOS] Re: xfs on 5.2 (live cd + dvd)

Thu Jul 31 16:35:16 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 7-30-2008 5:03 PM Michael Kress spake the following:
> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> EXTRAS. CentOS EXTRAS for xfs. No need to enable centosplus for it.
>>

> Alright, sorry. I got that now.
>

>>> No objections to using the centosplus kernel in production environments?
>>>

>> Use CentOS extras *and* the "normal" kernel.
>>

> Hmmm, yummm, this even sounds better and easier maintainable (i.e.
> yum-updatable).
>
> Thanks to everybody for your responses, they help me a lot.
> I made a detailled planning for my server migration and I ended up in
> 101 single tasks that would take me about 640 minutes for the whole
> sh*#. That migration will bind me over 10 hours to the monster. I think
> I'll add another task in front: Buy caffeine.
>
> Regards
> Michael

You could set the systems next to each other and script some of the long
running tasks like data migration. With something like rsync you could sync
data once for the long running main migration, and run it again to catch the
changed bits later. I have a planned migration in the works right now for a
mailserver. The data replicates hourly to keep the changeset small, and I can
do the final migration in a few hours when I am ready.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and