[CentOS] Problems with building an rpm

Thu Jul 17 04:54:51 UTC 2008

I followed the setup instructions from
http://www.owlriver.com/tips/non-root/ (link from the Centos wiki).  All
this is done on another 'clean' system, so I have to read the terminal
screen there and tell what went wrong here.

I then followed my colleague's instructions to get the tar, untar,
autogen, configure, and finally make rpm.

Well it was that make rpm command that finally failed.  And sudo was the
problem.  I got a message something like:

Assuming that you are in /etc/sudoers!!!!

And then asked for a password.

Which password?  My userid or root's?  I tried both and after 3 tries got:

me is not in sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.
removing '/home/me/rpmbuild/BUILD/hipl--main--2.6/hipl-1.0.4'

So I look at /etc/sudoers and do not understand what I am suppose to do
there.

A bit of help would be greatly appreciated!

oh, and what is BEET support in the kernel?