[CentOS] how do I find out which nameserver returns a DNS query?

Mon Jul 7 15:48:46 UTC 2008
Ken Price <kprice at nowyouknow.net>

This line ...

> ;; SERVER: 4.2.2.1#53(4.2.2.1)

... tells you the DNS server which returned the result, which in this
case, is more than likely a caching (recursive) DNS server.  If
verbose enough logging is enabled on that caching server, it should
tell you which primary DNS server returned a particular query result.
The "@ns1.myserver" feature in DIG allows you to do that test directly
from your workstation to the primary DNS server(s).  Is there any
particular reason this won't work for you?  Perhaps if you explained
your problem in more detail, someone on this list could offer
alternative methods of troubleshooting.

Regards,
Ken

----- Message from Rudi at SoftDux.com ---------