[CentOS] selinux & httpd & portmap

Mon Jul 28 15:53:43 UTC 2008
Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 09:24 -0400, Toby Bluhm wrote:

> >> SO - is it normal to have to update policies on basic services? Am I
> >> missing an rpm?
> > ----
> > those aren't basic services but are packages that are supplied by
>
> postfix is centos, the rest are from rpmforge
>
> > repositories other than CentOS/upstream and apparently don't have all of
> > their files/folder labeled properly.
> >
> > what do you get from command...
> >
> > sealert -a /var/log/dmesg
>

> zero alerts
>

> > or
> > sealert -a /var/log/audit/audit.log
> >

> lots of stuff from when it wasn't labeled right, so I stripped all
> audit.log entries before the last DAEMON_START to a file & ran sealert
> on it.
----
I just want to point out that the issue isn't with postfix but rather
amavisd and how/where amavisd connects/communicates with the various
parts and pieces.

I'm afraid that I can't be too much help here because I use MailScanner
and not amavisd but the SELinux mail list could help you work through
these things (I'm presuming that amavisd hasn't worked through all of
their contexts).

Craig