[CentOS] Migrating RHEL 3 to Centos 5.2 - has Adaptec 2400a RAID

Tue Jul 29 19:22:18 UTC 2008
Peter Kjellstrom <cap at nsc.liu.se>

On Tuesday 29 July 2008, Ed Westphal wrote:
>     Greetings all. I'm new to the mailing list. Hope to get to know many
> of you. I'll jump right in with a recent project. I have a machine with
> RHEL WS 3 - Taroon; plus dual boot to Win 2000 Pro. The RAID card is
> Adaptec's 2400A w/128 megs cache, running RAID 10 on 4 WD's. I want to
> migrate to 5.2 Centos and wipe the NTFS partition. I have the 5.2 Centos
> DVD. Anyone see any problems, special preparation needed, whatever, to
> accomplish the migration? The RAID uses dpt_i2o drivers.

I'm not sure modern kernels still has this driver. One way to find out is to
boot the installer to see if it detects your raid card. Another is to try the
live-dvd.

Good luck,
 Peter