[CentOS] recommendations/suggestions - geographically spread network based on Centos

Lanny Marcus lannyma at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 20:38:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 13:19 -0700, dnk wrote:
> Thank you so much for the information.

You're welcome!

> I will follow up with them regarding connectivity. I know that the one
> office will be Ok (Mexico City), but the other is tiny.

I read your post again about one office being at a work site in the
field somewhere. Even there, they should have, at the minimum, a
satellite connection to the Internet available to them.

Mexico City is one of the largest (most populous) cities in the world
and it is the capital city and I'm certain they will have excellent
connectivity.

Your field site will be much more problematic and probably slow
connectivity, but they will be online.

I don't know if Tel Mex has offices in the USA, I suspect that is
possible. If so, contact them there. If not, they will probably have
some people in their main office in Mexico, D.F. ("Mexico City", Ciudad
de Mexico) who are fluent in English and you can communicate with them
in English. One of our neighbors is an Electronics Engineer
(Telecommunications) as is his wife and he told me that all of his
university work in a public university here in Colombia was done in
English.