[CentOS] slightly OT - gphpedit on CentOS 5?

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 01:18:41 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Ray Leventhal <centos at swhi.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Advance apologies for being slightly OT.
> Has anyone had successes with installing gphpedit on CentOS 5?  There don't
> seem to be any rpms avail for our distro and I'm far too new to roll my own.
> Thanks in advance (off - list replies are welcome if that's more
> appropriate)

You might try RPMs for Fedora Core 7 (not a perfect match, but maybe
close enough):

Otherwise, try building the RPM yourself, it's not that hard.

Basically, create a file named ~/.rpmmacros with this content:

%_topdir %(eval echo "$HOME")/rpm

Then create the directories:

$ mkdir -p ~/rpm/{BUILD,RPMS/`uname -m`,SOURCES,SPECS,SRPMS}

$ rpmbuild --rebuild packagename.src.rpm

In that case, try building the package for Fedora Core 9: