[CentOS] 5.1 Anaconda Install Error

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed Jun 4 19:28:12 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Kirk Bocek wrote:
>> I didn't provide the details because it was strange that the
>> installation failed at the same point regardless of the booting method I
>> used. It felt like some basic mistake or mis-setting in the OS. But hey,
>> I've been wrong before.
>
> Anything interesting on vc#1,3,4,5 ? how about run remote syslog and see
> if anything interesting gets in there....

Karanbir:
After rebooting many times and trying different things, I was able to get a
bit more information. I was able to get the Anaconda error message by *not*
using text mode. X starts up but then kicks back into text mode when this
error pops up.

Some of the lines are not quite complete as I had to copy them by hand.

Traceback (most recent call last)
   File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 900, in ?
     iutil.makeDriveDeviceNodes()
   File /usr/bin/anaconda/iutil.py", line 264, ...
     isys.makeDevInode(...
   File "/usr/bin/anaconda/isys.py", line 422 ...
     isys.mkdevinode...
System Error: (2, 'No such file or directory')

Does this provide any help?

Thanks,
Kirk Bocek