[CentOS] Re: sendmail and spam

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Jun 4 21:07:45 UTC 2008

on 6-4-2008 1:53 PM Alain Terriault spake the following:
> Hi,
>
> What is todays most effective combination to filter spam ?
>
> On my old Redhat 3 system I used Sendmail and Spamassasin .. it was
> good, but with the current setup we are getting way to much spam.
>
> Looking around I found new players, well some I did not know then and
> they are very interesting..
>
> MailScanner .. http://www.mailscanner.info/
> Sagator .. http://www.salstar.sk/sagator/
> Smf .. http://smfs.sourceforge.net/index.html
> dspam .. http://dspam.nuclearelephant.com/index.shtml
>
> I am tempted to go with smfs because it is familiar .. but, mailscanner
> seems popular
>
> thanks,
> alain
I really like MailScanner. You can add it to your current system with very
little effort, and add virus scanning very easily.
You will still need to spend time training and maybe write an occasional
spamassassin rule, but that is just the nature of the game anymore. Spam
changes constantly, and you have to change with it.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and