[CentOS] kernels and irc

James Bunnell jbunnell at belencomputers.com
Thu Jun 5 16:35:18 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 09:19 -0700, Ray Van Dolson wrote:

> >     This is open source etiquette.  It differs from business etiquette
> >     where you are more than welcoem to berate and yell and holler about
> >     things because you're paying someone a lot of money.
> >

> > the etiquette is rudeness to promote open source? is this what you are saying?
> >

> No, the etiquette is that you need to approach developer and volunteers
> as just that -- people who are doing this in their spare time.  Do not
> be demanding, go the extra mile yourself ahead of time to seek answers
> on your own, and give these folks the benefit of the doubt if they
> don't act like support staff at RH; it isn't their job.

i have a little familiarity with open source, perhaps more than noted,
and i what i am seeing here is centos saying that since we're not paid,
we dont care. i think there are many projects that would not want this
image. sounds like failure to me. hence,  i am not so sure this is
anything to be proud of. anyway, time to move on.