[CentOS] Dell 1950 Perc 6/i with centos 4.5

Stephen Moccio

smoccio at ureach.com
Fri Jun 6 15:41:37 UTC 2008

We are currently running CentOS 4.5 on older Dell Systems. We are upgrading
to Dell PowerEdge 1950 with a PERC 6/i raid controller.

CentOS 4.5 installation does not see the PERC 6/i controller. Dell and  LSI
Logic only support RHEL 4U6 and higher and SuSe.

I've tried building the boot images with the new driver for installation but
kickstart still doesn't see the raid controller. I've also used the
DRIVERDISK directive within kickstart but that didn't work either.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone have any suggestions on what I
might try next?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

 Steve Moccio