[CentOS] sendmail and spam

Peter Farrell peter.d.farrell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 09:12:43 UTC 2008

I agree with previous poster RE: Postini, we have clients that use the
service and it's fantastic.

I use Postfix / Amavisd - Clam-AV / SpamAssassin + SARE rulesets (with
DCC, Pyzor, Razor) locally and ater the initial setup it's excellent.

I've also done just Postfix / Amavisd - Clam-AV / SpamAssassin + SARE
and used Greylisting for other clients as well and that's been
unbelievable. Greylisting as a method to reduce spam is the heat!

In both of the above setups are spread across 3 machines in a
multi-tiered architecture. Use your DMZ to pre-filter, with Postgrey,
header checks, body checks, then allow to next hop where you can
spam-check, virus check, then allow to local intranet mail server for
local delivery / IMAP.

But if you want to farm it out - use Postini.

-Peter