[CentOS] Help, PHP/Mysql connections are so slow.

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Jun 9 11:51:40 UTC 2008

Pro Green European wrote on Mon, 9 Jun 2008 03:37:33 -0700 (PDT):

> I also have the same identical site accessing the same database on
> the same mysql server, running on a CentOS4 server without any problem.

How did you move the database? You moved from PHP4 to 5 and from MySQL4 to
5. You *have* to expect problems.

> I'm starting to wonder if this is a broken hardware issue...

I think what you have not done yet, is test a simple PHP page with a
simple SQL query to a *different* simple, new database with just a few
data.

BTW: the mysqladmin list of connections can show the current connection
status of queries, the statement etc. and thus help in debugging. The same
list can be obtained from within PHPMyadmin.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany