[CentOS] iptables starting while disabled

Joseph L. Casale

JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Mon Jun 9 13:46:03 UTC 2008

I have a xen machine that has iptables turned off, and after a reboot it started behaving
badly during times when network IO rose to anything other than almost nil. Since I know
iptables makes xen unstable without some additional config and since its isolated I just
have is disabled. As a result it was the last place I looked and spent the better half of the
day chasing my tail.

Somehow it gets turned on after a reboot, how can I deduce what is activating it?

Thanks!
jlc