[CentOS] sendmail not sending after reboot

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Jun 9 15:18:21 UTC 2008

Ray Leventhal wrote on Mon, 09 Jun 2008 09:48:22 -0400:

> increase in the log level produced lines like this in /var/log/maillog:
> Jun  9 09:28:51 gungho sendmail[13243]: m59DRxV2013243: gungho
> [] did not issue MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to smtp
> is the server address

so, it's a connection to itself. was this a test to localhost?
If not, that hints in the direction of the problem.
Maybe you accidentally set the smarthost to itself or so?
I'd try a manual connect and walk thru an SMTP conversation and send a mail.
Also, clients can produce debug log files, too, even Microsoft products ....

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany