[CentOS] sendmail not sending after reboot UPDATE

Ray Leventhal centos at swhi.net
Mon Jun 9 16:48:38 UTC 2008

lists-centos wrote:
> are you configured for spamassassin or clamav as milters on the
> server (in the sendmail.cf) and either/both of these didn't start up
> on the reboot?  sendmail will still accept mail with sa/clamav not
> running, but it takes a bit longer.
> there's also the possibility of an inverse-map lookup on the
> ipnumbers of the inbound client machines. if the server is trying to
> do the lookups but is having trouble reaching the appropriate
> in-addr.arpa server you'll get long hangs.
>
>   - Rick

Hi Rick,

no milters are configured...this is a really small intranet with
absolutely no connectivity to the outside world.

I'm baffled.  Regarding your mention of a dns issue...it may be, but i'm
still baffled as this was all working before the weekend.  I rebooted
the box on Sunday and am in this <pun intended> bind today :)

Thanks for your input...much appreciated.
-R